What is screen resolution and how do I change it?
Screen resolution refers to the clarity of the text and images on your screen. At higher resolutions, items appear sharper. They also appear smaller, so more items fit on the screen. At lower resolutions, fewer items fit on the screen, but they are larger and easier to see. ACT24 has a lot of detail and is best viewed at the higher resolution 1024 x 768.
You might want to note your current settings should you wish to revert back.
There are a few different ways to change the screen resolutions. Below is just one way for each popular operation system.
Changing Your Resolution Under Windows 7
1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Startbutton, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.
2. Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to 1024 x 768 to select this resolution, and then click Apply.
3. Click Keep to use the new resolution.
Changing Your Resolution Under Windows Vista
1. Open Display Settings by clicking the Start button clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, Personalization, and then clicking Display Settings.
2. Under Resolution, move the slider to the resolution so that 1024 x 768 is selected. Click Apply
Changing Your Resolution Under Windows XP
1. Open Settings by clicking the Start button clicking Control Panel and then clicking Display. Choose the Settings tab.
2. Move the slider to the resolution so that 1024 x 768 is selected. Click Apply and then click OK.
Changing Your Resolution with a Macintosh
For all Macintosh operating systems below OS X, resolution settings are found under the Apple Menu. Select Control Panels, and then Monitors and Sound. Or, you can use the Control Strip at the bottom of the screen, and click on the Screen resolution icon.
For Macintosh OS X, resolution settings are found by clicking the Apple Menu, and then selecting System Preferences and then Displays. Or you can click on the Apple in the Dock at the bottom, and select Displays.
Follow the above instructions to revert back to any previous settings, if desired.